The shorter the better – that’s the path that Social Media has led us down.
Not necessarily a bad thing, but now everything has to be so darn short, sweet, and easy to digest. And that’s certainly true if you’re creating marketing, communications, or public relations content, right?
Hit the brakes for a minute, shorty – not so fast.
Sometimes there’s a treasure chest full of hidden content just waiting to be discovered when you do it the LONG way, especially when it comes to conducting interviews…
Here’s the Smart Content Marketing recommendation for interviewing:
- Do your research before your interview.
- Always ask smart questions.
- Listen CAREFULLY and be ready to go in a new direction if your interviewee has something meaty to say that you didn’t expect.
- Don’t automatically try to cut the interview short, especially if it’s going well.
- Go “long” and remember that you can slice and dice all that juicy content later.